TOP TIPS - STARTING A BLOG
- Choose A Blog Name
- Define Your Niche
- Choose A Platform To Create Your Blog
- Consider Your Design & Branding
- Clarify Your Content Strategy
- Streamline Your Business Across Social Media
- Write 10 Posts Before Your Blog Goes Live
- Don't Compare Yourself To Other Blogger
- Start A Blogging Calandar
- Join A Network & An Agency
HOW TO CHOOSE THE PERFECT BLOG NAME
- Remember your blog name is your brand
- Available domain
- Available social media accounts
DEFINE YOUR NICHE MARKET
1. Identify Your Interests
2. Discover Your Strengths
3. Determine Your Expertise
4. Name Your Muse
5. Think Outside The Box
CHOOSING A PLATFORM
DESIGN & BRANDING
- Layout - your blog should be visually appealing to your reader. Clean and easy to navigate.
Logo & Colour Scheme - Choosing the correct colour for use in your logo and marketing material, you will be communicating the right values to your customers.
Profile Photo & About Me - This is like your online CV. Less is always more. Include your email address, this is essential.
- The Content Audit
- Content Analysis
- The Action Plan
STEPS TO WRITING YOUR BEST BLOG POST
1. Make it Convincing
2. Speak to an Audience of One
3. Keep it Focused
4. Make it Readable and Scannable
5. Give it a Great Headline
6. Make sure its Shareable
7. Tidy it Up
8. Add a Persuasive Call To Action
CREATING AN EDITORIAL CALENDAR
MONTHLY THEMES: Start with timely themes like holidays and seasons.
POST IDEAS: Ask yourself these questions:
- Who am I creating content for?
- What do I want to be known for?
MONTHLY CALENDAR: Figure out what you need to do to prepare and complete the post.
JOIN A NETWORK AND AN AGENCY
Into The West Blogger Network is a network for Bloggers in Ireland to connect, share, learn and network. The mission is to grow a network of quality Bloggers within the West of Ireland and extend an invitation to the rest of the country and beyond to join in creating a group of passionate and creative individuals that can learn from each other.
Into The West Blogger Network host regular events, attended by Bloggers from all over the country. Through #itwbnBloggerEvent they connect Bloggers and Brands. These events are the perfect way for brands to get their products into the hands of Ireland's blogging community and for #itwbn Bloggers to network and build relationships with Brands and each other.